Footprints

My life right now is a dramatization of that old poem Footprints. The one in which we see our lives as two sets of footprints (ours and God's), but only one set during the hard times - when God carries us. I am being carried now... going for a ride on His broad shoulders.

I truly do not think Daddy could have handled another postponement of his transplant, nor another single dialysis session, and God allows us to endure only that for which he's given us the strength.

Now it is my turn to be tested. Sick toddler, ailing husband, mango rash*, daily headaches, extra vigilant cleaning & food prep. I mention all this not to cast a line for sympathy but to give glory to God for sustaining me with the kind of joy and peace that comes only from the Maker of heaven and earth.

I have, by grace alone, been mostly patient and even-tempered with the boys through it all. It was an incredible blessing to have someone come and clean the house yesterday and will continue to be wonderful for us. Kisses and hugs to all who contributed for that! I am getting more sleep and have my mom's invaluable help with the boys, shopping and laundry, as well as more offers for help than I know what to do with.

More than the troubles of this world, I feel the Lord's strong hands beneath me.

*I am allergic to mango, which is a relative of poison ivy. I didn't know for a long time and got the rash so often that now I'm super-sensitized to it, to the point of getting the rash from even indirect contact with mango (someone at the grocery store picks up a mango, then picks up an apple and puts it down, I pick up the apple... I get a poison ivy rash). Sometimes I can eat things that have a little mango or have touched mango without a problem. It's more of a skin contact thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"...for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow..."

Exodus

Banned word: "Proverbial"