Little Hands

Coming home from long trips to the hospital has proved a joyful event. I got a taste of this when, as I recalled in a previous post, Daddy and I returned from a weekend away. Big Bro had actually missed me, hugging and kissing me of his own accord. What new joy I felt!

Tonight as the little fuzz-head and I crossed the living room together on our way down for bathtime, I tousled his hair and spoke loving words. Big Bro, in turn, reached over and rubbed my knee. "I have to rub your leg," he said, looking up at me, "because I'm too little to reach your head."

His sweet, simple affection is still new, still melts my heart. May I never take it for granted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"...for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow..."

Exodus

Banned word: "Proverbial"