Peace Like a River

The past few days have been rough. Daddy's minor procedure Thursday led to a major ordeal after a complication, Urgent Care, another complication, more Urgent Care, and now a hospital stay. Add to the mix two tiny people to comfort, entertain, and continually reassure that Daddy will indeed hold and wrestle with them again someday, and... well, it's been rough.

Friends and family have stepped in big-time. I actually got flowers for Mother's Day yesterday, despite a miserable-in-bed husband and children too little to know about it! (although Rawr-rawr the teddy bear did wish me Happy Mother's Day this morning - only a day late.)

These are the times I feel closest to my Abba, when I most feel the need for Him. He comforts me like no one else can. He cradles my spirit under His wings. I've got peace like a river, love like an ocean, and joy like a fountain in my soul. Yes, even joy. Even now. This is my prayer for my husband as well. Pray with me that his body and spirit will be fully healed.

Comments

  1. That's an awesome spirit. WE're all praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"...for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow..."

Exodus

Banned word: "Proverbial"