Getting to Know Me

I realized today that I know myself better because I have kids. Without them, I might not have ever learned...

...how much I can talk. I never knew an introvert could spend so much of the day talking. Answering questions. Correcting. Explaining. Singing. Teaching.

...that I'm more like my mom than I thought. Those boys bring out the silly in me that I didn't think I'd inherited.

...how much anger I am capable of. I have never been angrier than they can make me. And they're not even teens yet!

Having children can indeed help you "find yourself." And when I've "found myself" in over my head, that's where God comes in. The most important thing I've learned about myself by having kids is how helpless I am to get it right without God leading the way in every detail. A frequent refrain for me is "Lord, I'm out. You take over." And time after time, He does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"...for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow..."

Exodus

Banned word: "Proverbial"