Ah, innocence.

I was washing dishes yesterday when Big Bro came up and said to me, "I tell you a naughty thing."

Uh-oh. Is Little Bro playing in the toilet again? Did Big Bro somehow learn a swear word? Has he Sharpie-d all over the wood floor again? My cringing mind cycled through the possibilities in the second before he said, "We don't go in the oven."

*Sigh of relief.* That's right, Big Bro, I said. We don't go in the oven. Very good.

I cherish these innocent moments in light of what I know I can expect in the future, when "I tell you a naughty thing" becomes, "Uh, Mom... I need to tell you something." As challenging as it is dealing with a preschooler and a toddler all day, I have a feeling I have no idea how easy I've got it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"...for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow..."

Exodus

Banned word: "Proverbial"